Thursday, July 26, 2007

They're baaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaack!

The kids arrived home last night around 8:15. I was supposed to go get them, but was unable to navigate traffic in order to meet my husband for the short trip to meet them.

Seems there was a little explosion close to downtown Dallas causing all the major freeways in that area to shutdown. You may have even seen it on the news. They did open the roads later in the afternoon, but you can imagine the mess. So, I opted not to get stuck in it and he got out of downtown on the other side to go get them.

There were lots of hugs and kisses. And if you have young kids, I am sure you can relate to this. They had gotten so BIG! Big bodies, big words! Luke had fallen asleep so when he stumbled out of the car, he just did a collapsed, snuggly hug in my arms. Really, one of the best kinds of hugs, don't you agree!

Anysa quickly declared she was going in the house to see if her room had been cleaned and if her bed was made. Since I am a smart mommy, I had anticipated her expectations!! She then walked around the whole house, checking each room. And you could hear her saying, "Hm hm", "Yes", "Yep". If she had had a white glove on, I am sure she would have beena swiping! (I would have passed!)

We then met in the living room for a few surprises. I gave Luke a spider man shirt I had put back when I brought home his stash of used clothes. And Anysa went through her stack of new clothes. There was lots of holding the clothes up to her body, twirling around, squeals, and things like "OOOOOh how cute!", "Perfect", "Oh I just love it.", "This is JUST what I wanted".

Then there was some snacking and some swinging. Luke wanted me to sit outside with him while we watched Anysa reach the sky with her swing. I am amazed every time Luke comes home from being away, whether it is a day or a week. He just seems too grown up. His words have matured, he has new phrases or sentences, he is saying things clearer than ever before. Honestly, I just want to squeeze him and make him stop growing for a minute! (Just this morning, he is up watching cartoons while on the couch. And when I peek on him, he is laying on his side with his head propped on his hand. I have never seen him do that and it just made me stop and watch him a little longer!)

After stories, their radios set on "Jesus" music, and bedtime talk, they were asleep!

I know they had so much fun at the grandparents. I heard stories of fishing, the tractor, the garden, sleeping in Gigi's bed, Anysa helping Gigi cook, and Anysa "babysitting" Luke while Gigi got her hair cut. Her reward for doing such a good job was, of course, McDonalds.

And since the fun never ends for them, they are spending the day at my friend Golda's house while I work.

I bet you are wondering why I would pawn my kids off on another mom with 3 year old twins and 6 month old twins. While the kids do love to play together and Anysa's middle name is "Mommy", I did make Golda prick her finger and swear in blood that she was sure she wanted to do this.

Well, since my kids are already up and dressed and asking when they get to go over there, I better get ready!

Off to shower!
Stacey

3 comments:

Jennifer said...

I agree- they age when they are gone and return so much bigger.

I wish Hudson got excited over clothes. I recently did one of my big shopping sprees on Gymboree.com and was like a kid in a candy store waiting for it to come. It showed up yesterday and I was showing Hudson everything and he could have cared less. I kept looking through them, all excited. I can't imagine if I had a girl. Wow!!

www.JusticeJonesie.com/blog said...

Awwwww. I can relate. Two of my kids were gone for two weeks. It was so quite in the house. Having only one was magical! They just returned on Saturday and the house has never been louder. They came back full of energy even though the grandparents spoiled them with almost daily "field trips" to any where they wanted. They had so much fun.

Jenna said...

Such a sweet post. I love how appreciative your kids are!