Monday, July 2, 2007

Come out, come out, where ever you are!

"Hi, my name is Stacey and I am a lurker."

I admit it.

It all stems from being nosey, or interested however you choose to think about it, about other people and their lives. I have been doing it for as long as I can remember; anywhere in public or on television. I still have to stop for a few minutes if I am ever channel surfing and come across a "Real World" episode or an "E True Hollywood Story". Don't you? I even watched a little "Laguna Beach" a few times, but it was seriously painful to listen to them talk (especially the opposite sex conversations) and I would almost have heart failure wanting to reach through the screen and save them from the embarrassment.

But just so you will not abandon me here, I want you to know that I have moved on.

As far as television, I have moved on to more adult-like nosiness such as "Little People, Big World" and "John and Kate plus 8". I don't watch all that other stuff anymore.

OK, maybe a little.

As far as public lurking, well, it can't be beat!

Now, blog lurking, that is my new thing.

First I did it just to read about people I didn't know. Because of course, they care! Then I did it to see how this whole blog thing worked. I never left comments and now I only leave comments occasionally.

But now, I understand the power of comments. It is just fun when you get them and sometimes good for the soul! Or, I am just jealous that I can talk about something with no comments and then a week later a more famous blogger can talk about the same thing and get 37 comments.

Now, I know more people stop by then leave comments. About a month ago, I installed a counter. I don't really care about the numbers. I am more interested in who and from where. Of course! It allows me to see where people are from and how they got to my blog. I don't necessarily know who they all are.

I have my regulars, some that comment and most that don't. But I have had visitors from all over the country and the world as well. UK, Romania, Germany, China, Illinois, Arizona, Tennessee, California, just to name a few! That is exciting! I know some probably got here by accident after googling a word that linked them to me, but I am hoping most are actual readers.

Which leads me to this thought. I REALLY want to know who you are. At least once because you might not ever stop by again. I know it can be a pain, especially if you are just doing some quick surfing around blogsville. And maybe, you really don't have anything to say about my particular post you land on.

So, here is the deal.

I am going to leave this post at the top for a whole week. I know, I know. Some of you are saying, "how boring". But really, this will be fun. I will leave my comments open (as long as they stay clean) for everyone to read. You might find some new visitors yourself by visiting them off my comment section. And of course, you don't have to have a blog to leave a comment.

I would love EVERY visitor to comment at least once and let me know:

* Who you are
* Where you are from
* How you found me
* Your favorite food
* A fun fact about you


I will personally thank each of you and then let everyone else know the results in a later post. Please pass along this post/blog site to everyone you know because I would LOVE to see if I can get all 50 states and as many other countries as possible.

And just to add to the excitement, I will give a SURPRISE to the person who comments and is the farthest distance from my location here is Texas!

Thanks for indulging me! I can't wait to meet everyone!!

Stacey

11 comments:

Kensi said...

Hey wats up i get exactly where you comin from.

Jennifer H. said...

Well, you knew I would comment. I like to think that I am your #1 commenter! Such a great idea. I always wonder who is reading my posts. I have some regulars from places that I really don't think I know anyone there.

* Who you are - Jennifer
* Where you are from - Texas
* How you found me - ummm, friend
* Your favorite food - Tiramisu (wouldn't you know I would pick a dessert!)
* A fun fact about you - Gee . . that's hard . . .
I just finished my first year of grad school and maintained a 4.0 while also giving birth to a beautiful baby boy this year and taking care of a rowdy 3 year-old!

Danette said...

Who you are - Danette
* Where you are from - Texas
* How you found me - In the training room wrapping some cute boy's ankle! (almost 20 years ago!)
* Your favorite food - Chocolate
* A fun fact about you - Former Presidential appointee, currently working harder that ever staying at home with 2 wild toddlers!

Barbara H. said...

Hi Stacey,

I clicked over here from a comment you left on Karla's blog. When you said you were ding something special, I had to come and see. I'm nosy like that. :-) I don't think I have even been here before. I think this is a great idea!

Who I am: I go by Barbara H. Adding the "H" is a little awkward, but it distinguishes me from several other Barbaras I have "met" online. I haven'y yet come up with a neat alias like BooMama. :)

Where I am from: South Carolina. I grew up in TX but spent more years here than there and consider SC "home."

How I found you: A comment of yours at Karla's "Looking Towards Heaven."

Favorite food: Oh, my, too many to name -- Mexican food and almost anything chocolate would rate at the top.

Fun fact: Hmm, that one's hard. Maybe that I am more competitive than I look. I'm very quiet and people think I am laid back -- but get me in a game, and watch out. :) Or, a funner one is that I once dated a mannequin. :-) He was a real guy, but dressed up like a mannequin in store windows and people would come by and try to get him to laugh.

Barbara H. @ Stray Thoughts

Shannon said...

I love lurking and watching other people. I'm so glad you wrote about this in your blog because it is something we share in common! Honestly, I hear my mother telling me to "stop staring" and "close your mouth" in my head all the time! Now that you have introduced me to blogging, I may have an addiction.

Who you are: Shannon
Where from: Texas
Found you: From all the fliers and tv ads telling me to read Stacey's blog
Favorite food: Warm home-made chocolate chip cookies
A fun fact: I am training to run my first 5k with you and Jennifer!

Sista Cala said...

I followed the link from your comments at Karla's place. I'm a Carla from TN only my name begins w/"c". Guess I have a little something in common w/the other folks that commented. I was a one time a resident of the great state of Texas and married a native of Abilene. Favorite food: Corn the kind that is white and yellow on the same cobb. Fun fact: I thought the internet was completely evil and wanted no part of it. lol...

Kimmy said...

My name is Kimmy; I'm from Saskatchewan, CANADA; I found you through a comment you left on Karla's post (I myself just started reading Karla's blog); My favorite food is Chocolate; A fun fact about me--I give birth to babies REALLY fast. My first was just over and hour and my second was less than an hour. That's total labour and delivery. My youngest was born in my bathroom because of how quickly he entered the world!

Jenna said...

Hi Stacey,

I read your blog all the time. I found you when you commented on my blog. I have truly appreciated your information and advice and I look forward to getting to know you better.

Unknown said...

Okay, so I don't usually (hardly ever) comment. But you know I love you and your blog, so I'll do this. And plus, I have THE MOST AWESOME blankets and pillows in the babies' room so I suppose it's the least I could do.

Who: Golda
Where: Texas
How: I found you 8 years ago when I worked in the same clinic as you did for my internship. I have been a faithful reader ever since you let me in on your blog secret.
Favorite food: Mexican food, particularly in the liquid form, i.e. margaritas, and chocolate brownie cookies.
Fun fact: Well, the obvious is that I have two sets of twins, but you already know that, so....how about this - I used to design frozen cakes and pies at a frozen yogurt store.

Rachel said...

Who- Rachel
Where- Oklahoma
How- By the Grace of God
Fav Food- Sushi... yes in Oklahoma.
Fun Fact- Ha! I'll get back to you on that one.

Sukrit said...

Who am I - I am trying to figure this one out - and apparantly the ppl I have in my life know me more than I know myself ... seriously :-P
Where you are from - New York
How you found me - Browsing/Cruising - pick one :-)
Your favorite food - Thai-Italian -Mexican & Indian
A fun fact about you - hmmmmmmm - I really wanna become the governor of NY one day :-) - not so fun? .. hmm well thas the only thing came to my mind after pondering for about 15 secs ...