Friday, November 30, 2007

FRIDAY FUZZY!



Today is a special day. And since I have so much to say about this one person, I figured I would only give out one FF today instead of my standard five.

The favoritism might have been too obvious.

This whole affair started out sooo innocent. The conversation went something like this a couple of weeks ago.

Friend (and you know who you are!): "So Stace, what are some of your favorite blogs to read?"

Me: "Oh, I try to keep them listed on my sidebar, but I really enjoy reading X and X and X."

Friend: "Do you read Pioneer Woman?"

Me: "Uh, not really. I know who she is and I looked at it a couple of times, but no, not really." (Me thinking: "I need substance and a chance to be nosey, but all I ever saw were pictures when I would stop by.")

Friend: "I love looking at her pictures and she has some really great recipes."

End of conversation.

Let me go ahead and apologize right now. To those whose sidebars held this greatness that I so casually ignored. To you, PW, for ever engaging the notion that there was not any substance. Shame, shame on me!!

Now, if any of you already read Pioneer Woman's blog, then you totally know where this whole thing is leading.

If you don't, then let me go on and tell you more.

So just this Monday, as I was over visiting another blog, I decided, what the heck, why not click on Pioneer Woman and take a stroll around.

And around.

And around.

I won't share with you exactly what I emailed to my friend, but suffice it to say, she knew exactly what I was talking about.

PW hooked me with a few good ranch life stories, then totally reeled me in with love.

And just to make it easier on you, you can find the epic here and continued here and ongoing here. Just go to her home page for the latest chapter.

And can I just say PTL for chapter books!

No, really, you need to go there!

For a girl that read Harlequin romance novels in junior high (don't go there!), thus beginning a life long search for love with my head crammed in the clouds, THIS is way better. And it is real!

Oh yea, there is more!!

Not only does she make you feel all gushy inside with her tales of Marlbaro Man, but the food!

And then those pictures! Since I just purchased my first digital 10X optical zoom camera, I will try not to covet her Nikon too much. Just aspire!

And who can resist her cute "punks"!

However, I would advise you to pass on any stories related to "calf nuts". Um, there are usually pictures involved.

Want to know the other best parts?

She hails from my native land, we share the same birthday month, and we both love Starbucks!

That makes us practically BFF's, right?

Now if I could just figure out exactly where she is....

Oh, hi Ree! Who me? Stalking you? Oh no, I would never do that!

Who am I kidding, they would spot me a mile away as I made my way to the house!

So here's to you Pioneer Woman!

Your very own Friday Fuzzy!

Now I have to go get back to her archives! I am only to March 2007 and want to catch up before we ring in the new year!

Stacey

p.s. Thanks for making our "hineys tingle" with all your great stories!

4 comments:

Cyndy said...

Can't talk much, I've already spent way too much time on the Pioneer Woman's website. I'm going to have to get off the computer and get some things done!!!!
Blessings,
Cyndy

Cyndy said...

Me again. I forgot to at least say hi to you. Don't know what's wrong with my mind anymore. Hope all is well with you.
Cyndy

Jennifer said...

Yep - she's awesome. And BHTW is the most awesome love story I've ever read. And the fact that is true makes it even better. I always hold my breath when I click on her blog in my reader - hoping it's another installment. It's like a drug - can't get enough! And she's deserving of a Friday Fuzzy since she gives us fuzzys, or hiney tingles anyway!
And her cooking - I could gain 10 pounds just looking at her pictures!
Glad you discovered the wonder that is Ree!

dlyn said...

I found your blog thru PW, so there is another good thing about her. I will be back to check you out again. blessings!