Tuesday, October 23, 2007

Starting over

Tackle It Tuesday Meme



I am not exactly sure what my tackle is going to look like today.

I won't know until I get to work later this morning.

On Thursday night, thieves decided to break into our office and steal all the laptops and our phone system.

Since I only work on Tuesdays and Thursdays, I am sure most of the "mess" has been cleaned up from the ransacking. However, I will probably be tackling my desk and figuring out how to replace what was on my computer. I believe 90% of my reports have hard copies in the charts, but there was so much other stuff on it as well. Report shells, home programs, activity ideas, letter shells, you name it! Uck!!

I do quite a bit of writing for work at home, so I am hoping to find some things on my home computer or in my email box. And....for some reason, I think I might have some things on a memory stick. Please, please, please! Say a prayer ladies! I have a lot of looking to do!

We are fortunate that they did not want any of our equipment, and that they were unable to walk off with our main office computer. The main computer is where all our financial and client information is stored! PTL! And, thankfully, that computer is always backed up each week, anyway!

Please say a prayer for my boss (and friend!) who I have worked with for over 10 years. This just stinks for her! I am so thankful we work in a small group and can support each other quickly.

And all the more reason to join Fried Okra's Back it up baby campaign!!

At least we still have our play dough and crayons!

Happy Tackling!
Stacey

5 comments:

Jennifer said...

Wow, what a mess. I can't imagine what I would do if my computer crashed. Thinks for the reminder to back up the photos and other important information.

Unknown said...

WOW!! I would be at a loss if my computer disappeared!! Which reminds me i need to clean out some files on my desk too!

Jenna said...

That's awful!! Good luck with trying to retrieve all you can.

Donetta said...

I'm sorry that happened to you. I hope you can rest well with all the wondering if...

Lara said...

What a nightmare! The worst experience we've ever had with computers was when I lost a thumb drive that had a file on it with all our passwords including online banking passwords! My husband was furious with me but I kept telling him it had to be around the house somewhere. We eventually found it months later in the garage. We were so happy to see it!

Good luck finding your files!