Wednesday, October 24, 2007

Gone in 60 seconds!



I can't believe I am going to put this out in Internet land, what with all my talk lately about going green. So, maybe, instead of crying FOUL!!!, you could look at it as a cry for HELP!!!!!

I am horrible about catching and cleaning stains on my counter tops. It just starts to look horrible before, in the old days, I would create a new slate with good ole' bleach. I hated using it, green or not, but didn't feel like I had a choice.

One day, I needed to get rid of the stains quick, and in a light bulb moment, remembered my Clorox Beach Pen I still had in my laundry room.

I wondered.....

People, I have a 3-year old boy. His clothes and newly discovered self-sufficiency are killing me! Do I need to beg for more mercy than that?!

So....I gave it a little squeeze and rub on all the stains. After letting the areas sit about 5 minutes (some less than that), I went back and wiped.

GONE!

Old stains. New stains. No mess, MUCH LESS smell, no worries of slopping bleach solution on my clothes.

THEN, several weeks ago, we had to have our carpets and white/cream tile grout cleaned. The grout in our breakfast and kitchen areas was pitiful. (by the way, I DID use a service that did both the carpet and the grout with non-toxic solutions!)

So, you know how it goes! You watch your family like a hawk, shouting "Be careful", "Don't spill it", "Seriously, right after the grout guy leaves!".

My husband was starting to twitch from watching our money slowing disappear under the new grout dirt. Then, I remembered the pen!

All I have to say is YES!

That works for me now, but I am so open to suggestions of less toxic nature. Preferably ones that don't require a big mess, lots of mixing, or hands & knees scrubbing.

But don't worry, I am not picky!

For more great WFMW ideas, head over to Rocks in my Dryer.

1 comment:

Ms. Kathleen said...

I have to admit those pens are fabulous! Thanks for the reminder and I completely understand. ☺