Wednesday, February 8, 2012

Disney 2011-Hollywood Studios

Hollywood Studios was a big hit on Day 3.  It was a good mix for our big kids and our little.  Fast Passes and Stroller switching was really helpful!!

Brax couldn't ride Rock 'n' Roller Coaster (Aerosmith), but he could rock it out while he waited!  Curtis and the kids started with this one, but Luke got really nervous watching everyone's "cars" take off.  He passed on this one.  Anysa and I loved it.  We rode it twice and I could have done it 10x more.  You literally feel your stomach flip inside out when the car takes off!!  One of my top rides!




I was disappointed that Luke missed out on being part of the Jedi Training Academy, but I didn't realize you had to sign up early and quick for that one.  We enjoyed the show, but it would have been cool having him up there with his "father"!!


Brax started to find his comfort zone this day.



After The Magic of Disney Animation tour, we headed through and found this great wall.  I recommend the tour.  Our host was really good.


There was a great section that allowed us to meet several characters.  Handy Mandy seemed to be the turning point for Brax.  Thanks Handy Mandy!!


Well, look how decided to be in a picture!!  :)

We had a reservation for lunch at Disney Junior Play 'N Dine at Hollywood & Vine.  If you have younger kids, I would recommend this place.  Food and fun show with characters they know and love.  The gang from Little Einsteins.


Lights! Motors! Action! Extreme Stunt Show.  Very cool.  Very worth it!




PlayHouse Disney Live on Stage was much cuter and better than my once picture can show.

Beauty and the Beast Live on Stage was a really great show that I would recommend.  I think they need to upgrade the cooling system/fans because it was sti.cky, but the show was fabulous!



We had some rain coming, so we ducked back into the building and met a few more characters while Brax slept.  Gotta love Mr. and Mrs. Incredible!


Indiana Jones Epic Stunt Spectacular was just that!




A highlight for all the kids was meeting Phineas and Ferb!


Brax was a meet & greet pro by now!  Hi Perry!



Awww!

We were in a time crunch and the line was too long, but we did stop for a quick sorta picture of Brax with Lightening McQueen.


Singing in the Rain!



Other stuff:
  • We skipped the Twilight Zone Tower of Terror.  Lines and lack of interest/fear from the majority (not me) put this one low on our list.
  • Toy Story Mania- It was fun, cool, cute; however, it seems the hype/wait to ride is a tad bit overrated.  This one is a Fast Pass must and don't think they won't run out...they will!
  • Muppet Vision 3D- LOVED it!  This was my kids first real exposure to the Muppets.  I know, I know, shame on me!  They really enjoyed it!
  • We missed Honey, I Shrunk the Kids show and the Studio Backlot Tour due to timing issues.  But I think we will live!  ;)
Stacey

No comments: