I may be crazy for doing this, but here I am saying, "Hold me accountable!"
I could narrate in detail the why's of all my 2008 Goals, but I won't.
At least not today.
I know all this is realistic for me, but it will involve buckling down and focusing on my priorities. I have to. They are that important to me.
The resounding theme for my life this past year has been "I have a lot to do!" I don't want to feel that way a marjority of the time this year, especially in the way I felt it this past year. The remorseful thought for my life this past year has been centered around how quickly my children are growing and changing and how I let so many little moments slip through my fingers. And my heart!
I saw this on someone else's post today and it spoke to me as well.
More than anything, I want to make each day count!
I can't do that when I am worried or stressed over silly things too much of the time. Several years ago, I realized and acknowledged that I will go through seasons of my life where my priorities and abilities change. They have to! Unfortunately, I continued to think I could do all and be all; the super woman, the super mom.
That thinking is not truth. It is actually the type of thinking Satan uses to bind many women (ME!) and keep them from being.
Being for Him.
I know the year won't be perfect. I know I won't be perfect. I know I may not attain all my goals in the way I would like-
But I don't want to be afraid to say it out loud and put forth my best effort towards these goals.
I will try to come back and update you as often as I can as I make each day count in 2008!
* Exercise 3 times a week.
* Do back stretches 2 times a week.
* Stretch 5 times a week.
(yes; my general stretching has helped my back.)
* 25 sit-ups & 25 push-ups 5 times a week.
* Increase organic and/or natural food purchases to 80% of total food purchases.
* Increase food purchases from local growers, farmer's markets.
* Minimize sugar intake.
* Minimize caffeine intake.
(only necessary coffee-lifeblood!-in morning.)
* Take supplements daily.
* Go to bed by 11 PM 4 nights a week.
(probably more like 3 right now.)
* Eliminate 80% of plastic food storage containers.
* Eliminate 80% of "Made in China" purchases.
(trying, but it is stinking hard!)
* Read Bible or work on a study 4 times a week.
(probably more like 1x/week.)
* Have prayer and quiet time every day.
(prayer yes, quiet time no.)
* Implement and maintain a general household cleaning routine; daily, weekly, monthly.
* Implement a responsibility system for kids.
(yes; gaining momentum with it.)
* Implement a "value of the month" for kids.
(yes; kids enjoy it.)
* Implement a "verse of the week" for kids.
(yes; we have memorized 4 verses at this point!)
* Implement daily quiet time for kids.
* Create a family schedule.
* Spend at least 15 minutes alone with each child daily.
(yes, but only several times a week at this point.)
* Play with both kids together daily doing purposeful (and fun!) activities.
(yes, but mostly on non-school days.)
* Have a special activity with each child individually once a month.
* Read the bible with kids daily.
* Work on academic activities with kids for 1 hour on Wednesdays and Fridays.
* Continue monthly coop schedule; 2 Saturdays out, 1 Saturday keep kids.
* Organize and transfer all video tapes to DVD/CD's.
* Organize all pictures.
* Transfer all pictures to CD's.
* Clean out and organize computer files.
* Clean out/organize and back up all computer files once a month.
* Clean out and organize email accounts.
* Maintain clean and organized email accounts weekly.
* Purge and organize office/paperwork.
* Maintain office organizational system monthly.
* Begin writing paid posts on blog.
* Label and organize blog posts.
(yes, most of them are done; what a pain!)
* Update and reorganize blog categories.
* Update blog site or change to new one completely.
(yes! i love my new look!)
* Clean out and update "favorites" list.
(MET!; again, a pain!)
* Learn how to "sweep" online contests quickly.
(i think i found the trick; will update you later!)
* Check emails 3 times a day.
(most days; in progress.)
* Check and read Google Reader in evenings after kids are in bed.(weekdays)
* Work on own blog posts/management 1 hour a day and after kids are in bed.(weekdays)
(much better; in progress)
* Begin and finish Luke's 1st year scrapbook.
* Begin 2nd year scrapbook for Anysa and Luke.
* Begin using current picture scrapbooks.
* Re-examine budget with husband.
* Develop a plan to maintain budget guidelines for family.
* Develop debt-reduction plan for 2008.
* Be 80-100% debt-free by December 31, 2008.
* Update all work reports.
HAPPY NEW YEAR!