Monday, January 21, 2008

Enough to make me want to home school!

Well, not really, but I bet just reading that made some of you raise an eyebrow and cock your head a little.

And choke.

My kids' school runs its schedule with our local ISD. I totally understand that because many of those who teach at their school have kids of their own in the public schools.

However, it gets a little frustrating when my children only go to school M/T/TH and the holidays or days off typically fall on the 2 days that I work.

To top it off, I found out just as school was getting started again this month that the kids would be out of school not only today, but also tomorrow!

Seriously??!! Everyone just enjoyed a 2+ week vacation over the holidays!

It always makes me panic because finding childcare stresses me out. I have to work T/Th and this kind of stuff messes me all up.

I guess I shouldn't complain.

All the kids that actually go to a public school in the district have been out since last Thursday when they went half a day. That means they were in school 1.5 weeks and now have off 3.5 days! It has to do with our ill-managed school district messing with the schedule to accommodate "semesters" for the high school kids.

It disturbs me that school districts don't better manage their schedules in a way that is mindful of those families where both parents have to work.

Thank goodness for grandparents!

My kids are staying with his parents a few days to help out with our work schedule.

Stacey

p.s. This is in no way meant to be derogatory towards educators. I loooooooove all my teacher friends!! This is a school district problem.

1 comment:

Jennifer H. said...

I'm withholding comments! ;-)