Sunday, January 1, 2012

Letting Go and Grabbing On

2011.

It was a good year if I look back on it from the perspective that I truly have nothing to complain about or terrible hardships to remember.

Don't get me wrong.

I complained.  I thought some things were hard at times.

But when I am mindful of those who lost a job, a husband, and even a child, I have to call my 2011 a good year.

2012.

I have no idea.

I have...

Hopes.  Dreams.  Expectations.

I dare say that I even have Plans.

And not a one of those things is wrong to have.  But I am pretty sure that if I clutch too tightly to anything (which I always have a tendency to do!), then I won't have room to receive the things that God is going to give me.

His Hopes, Dreams, Expectations, and yes, even His Plans for me.

He has that good stuff, and that stretching stuff, ready for me all the time.

He wants me to have my heart's desires.

I just need to make sure I am allowing Him to create those desires.

Deep!  Deeper than I wanted to go tonight!  I'm going to swim back to the shallow end now, but I think I will invite you to join me in the deep end another day!

The shallow version is that I am going to try my best this year to let go of me and and grab onto Him.

How do all those deeeeep thoughts relate to goals, aspirations, resolutions, whatever you choose to call them?

Maybe that if I keep it simple on my end then there will be more room for God to make it grand on His end.

So not too much unlike my 2011 Resolutions, I present to you the 2012 version.  Or really just the 2011.2 version!


• Read 1 book a month.

• Organize 1 room a month.
• Kid date 1 time a month. 

• Complete 1 project a month.

• Healthy is as Healthy does.  (ok, so that may not sound like a goal, but it is a reminder that everything i do counts towards my health...what i eat, how i exercise, when i sleep.  all those things together will add up and equal my ultimate goal.)

• Stay in God's presence.  (again, this could be read as me being vague.  this allows me to not get hung up on whether or not i got my "study" completed and focus on Him.  the end result could be completing a study or two, memorizing some verses with my kids, being a more fervent prayer warrior, or just plain ol' reading the bible!)

• Learn to love my blog again....post consistently.

• Stay connected.

• Dream and plan...in pencil of course!  (there are a few house and vacation ideas i have.)

Tonight, the kids and I started discussing some ideas for them for this new 2012.  We are going to work on those ideas and I will share them later. 

Happy Blessed New Year!

Stacey

2 comments:

Unknown said...

I really enjoy reading your blog & I just wanted to let you know I enjoy the truth you share and different thinks about your walk with God. If you want to check out my blog by clicking on my name, please do, otherwise, just keep blogging & know that there are people out there who really enjoy your blog! :)

Kimmy said...

Happy New Year! I love the fact that you said you were going to write your plans in "pencil":) What a great idea! I hope and pray that you grow deeper in your love for the Lord and follow His plan!