These were my goal ideas for 2011.
I was actually pretty proud of these. Simple. Realistic. Doable.
Here is what they looked like in my final draft plus my update:
• Read 1 book a month. Redo please.
• Organize 1 room a month. Not so much, although I have had some recent bursts of energy in this area. I have just felt so uninspired since moving into the house. Gotta get my groove going here.
• Kid date 1 time a month. Not as stated, but I think both of us have done better with 1:1 time with each kiddo.
• Complete 1 project a month. Nope.
• Exercise 3-4 times a week. YES, YES, YES!
• Bible study 3-4 times a week. I'm having some issues in this department.
• Blog post 3-4 times a week. Just smile, nod, and move on. But the Resurgence of 2012 is on!
• Memorize 1 verse a week. Take a guess.
• Try 1 new recipe a week. Not as stated, but I have tried lots of new recipes this past year.
• Organize computer. Off and on.
• Organize blog. Just recently.
• Work on vacation plans; skiing, California, Lubbock/San Angelo, Florida, Disney. Skiing-thinking about March maybe; we'll see. California-booked this week!! Details later! Lubbock/San Angelo-probably summer. Florida/Disney-YES! Can't wait to share that trip from this past August! A longer Florida beach stay is a must though!
As compared to these high aspirations back in 2008!!
Let's revisit just for fun now shall we?!!
* Exercise 3 times a week. Yes.
* Do back stretches 2 times a week. Yes; incorporated into general exercise.
* Stretch 5 times a week. Yes; same.
* 25 sit-ups & 25 push-ups 5 times a week. Not so much, but that's about to change! :)
* Increase organic and/or natural food purchases to 80% of total food purchases. Ongoing; in progress.
* Increase food purchases from local growers, farmer's markets. Not so much. Need to work on that.
* Minimize sugar intake. Ongoing; in progress. I have my ups and downs, but I have seen changes when I do.
* Minimize caffeine intake. Met, I would say! I do decaf coffee mostly and other caffeine beverages infrequently.
* Take supplements daily. Nope. I can't seem to get into a routine with this. Need to change that.
* Go to bed by 11 PM 4 nights a week. Maybe, maybe not! I know I should because it is an health essential.
* Eliminate 80% of plastic food storage containers. I have done well with this, but could always do better.
* Eliminate 80% of "Made in China" purchases. Up and down, but still important to me.
* Read Bible or work on a study 4 times a week. I'm just going to hang my head in shame now.
* Have prayer and quiet time every day. Oh, I pray every day. Quiet time is another story.
* Implement and maintain a general household cleaning routine; daily, weekly, monthly. I did really good with this several times, but not so much right now. Gotta work on that!
* Implement a responsibility system for kids. Up and down over years, but on upswing right now and planning for some new ideas this year.
* Implement a "value of the month" for kids. I loved when we did this! Might be time to try again.
* Implement a "verse of the week" for kids. Totally need to get this one back in rotation!
* Implement daily quiet time for kids. This was originally when the older kids were home several times a week. Might try it again, but need to think of some ideas how to implement.
* Create a family schedule. Hmmmm?!
* Spend at least 15 minutes alone with each child daily. I do this at night with big kids.
* Play with both kids together daily doing purposeful (and fun!) activities. This was originally when I had both big kids at home several days a week. I need to make sure I am being purposeful with Brax now.
* Have a special activity with each child individually once a month. This one is up and down. Need to work on this.
* Read the bible with kids daily. Oh, please don't ask!
* Work on academic activities with kids for 1 hour on Wednesdays and Fridays. Then with big kids. Just need to incorporate with Brax during our fun time.
* Continue monthly coop schedule; 2 Saturdays out, 1 Saturday keep kids. Oh, oh, how I miss my coop...and my friends!
* Organize and transfer all video tapes to DVD/CD's. Can we say 2011/2012?! Finally started this week! WooHoo!
* Organize all pictures. Need to work on this on computer and hands-on.
* Transfer all pictures to CD's. Now I want a picture transfer machine!
* Clean out and organize computer files. Always in progress, but time for a redo anyway!
* Clean out/organize and back up all computer files once a month. Nope.
* Clean out and organize email accounts. Probably.
* Maintain clean and organized email accounts weekly. Maybe.
* Purge and organize office/paperwork. Always a work in progress!
* Maintain office organizational system monthly. Ummm...
* Begin writing paid posts on blog. A pipe dream and I don't consider it my thing anymore.
* Label and organize blog posts. I did that at one time, but really would like to simplify list. Not sure an easy way to do that.
* Update and reorganize blog categories. Yes, and even had a recent purge.
* Update blog site or change to new one completely. I did that and loved it for so long, but recently revamped on my own. Work in progress.
* Clean out and update "favorites" list. Did it.
* Learn how to "sweep" online contests quickly. Nay, who has time! Gave it up!
* Check emails 3 times a day. This was back before I was smart phone savvy! ;)
* Check and read Google Reader in evenings after kids are in bed.(weekdays) I mostly read blogs from my phone, but NEED to get back to doing it on my computer so I can comment again. Unless, anyone knows how I comment from my phone!
* Work on own blog posts/management 1 hour a day and after kids are in bed.(weekdays) Total fail this last year. I could barely find my blog much less post to it!
* Begin and finish Luke's 1st year scrapbook. What?!
* Begin 2nd year scrapbook for Anysa and Luke. Stop staring at me!
* Begin using current picture scrapbooks. Sigh.
* Re-examine budget with husband. Sure.
* Develop a plan to maintain budget guidelines for family. Probably.
* Develop debt-reduction plan for 2008. So many changes since then.
* Be 80-100% debt-free by December 31, 2008. We're in a good place.
* Update all work reports. Not applicable at this point.
I am pretty sure I still like my 2011 goals best, but I'm going to tweak just a bit and come back with the redo! (The 2008 version is great as a back up though!)
ps. I broke my caffeine resolution tonight accidently, so yes I am really posting at 1 AM! Yikes! I see a nap in my future!