Wednesday, December 17, 2008

My friends are all smarty pants!

I just wanted to say CONGRATULATIONS to my friend Jen who just graduated with a Master's degree while teaching full-time and continuing her other duties as wife, mom, volunteer, and friend! And that would be a 4.0 she graduated with! Way to go girl!

And just so my other friends won't feel left out, I am also very proud of my friend Heather who made a leap of faith 2 years ago and quit her stable corporate job to be a teacher. She dumped the commute and now gets to spend more time with her kids while also sharing the joy of learning with other children. You go Super Mom!

And then there is my friend Pam, who is all things to all people! Wife, mom to 4 active kids, friend, volunteer, committee member, and finished all her classroom work to be a nurse. With just clinicals left to go, I think she is pretty spectacular!

All my other friends are just as wonderful!!

Stacey

3 comments:

Jan Ross said...

It always surprises me when people don't realize that all teachers must have a Masters degree within a certain number of years after you start teaching. This is why most teachers are not actually taking it easy during the summer, but are going to school - or working to supplement their income!

Congratulations to your friend! It's not easy to get that Masters when you are working full time and have kids - and I should know!!

Jennifer H. said...

Awww, thank you!! I just now read this. You are pretty amazing yourself. You have more stamina than anyone I know. It amazes me what you are capable of getting done! You do it all!

Anonymous said...

You are a great friend. I, personally, like to surround myself with morons. Or at least folks who don't all the words to Bon Jovi songs. :-)

Congrats to your friend!