The kids and I had a great January learning about Peaceability! Of course, it is an ongoing lesson to learn about and apply, but I think we made a good start! I am so proud of them. They memorized 3 bible verses!! L uses some cute word subsitutions, but he gets the meaning of the scripture in a 3 year old kinda way! We need to work a little more to memorize the passage location, but that will come.
I included February's value, highpoints from the book, and some memory verses below.
Be careful to obey all these regulations I am giving you, so that it may always go well with you and your children after you, because you will be doing what is good and right in the eyes of the LORD your God.
* Extend respect then expect respect
* Give lots of praise & recognition
* Allow for self-correction with “do overs”
* Definitions game (act nice, talk nice, obey; define for later application)
* Role play (create age-appropriate scenarios to act out; adult can have fun being the "kid".)
* Respect chart-daily tracking (create a tally system with black marks for respectful behavior and red marks for disrespectful behavior; see if there can be more black than red marks at the end of the day/week/month.)
* “Magic” words (teach respectful words, behaviors.)
* Respect chart-who & why (create a chart with 2 columns; who we respect on one side and why we respect them on the other side.)
* Have a “respect” election (elect both good and bad behaviors or actions that deal with respect; work to make family traditions out of which ones you do and don't do.)
* Bible verses
~Children, obey your parents in the Lord, for this is right. Ephesians 6:1
~Children, obey your parents in everything, for this pleases the Lord. Colossians 3:20
~Don't let anyone look down on you because you are young, but set an example for the believers in speech, in life, in love, in faith and in purity. 1 Timothy 4:12
~Show proper respect to everyone: Love the brotherhood of believers, fear God, and honor the king. 1 Peter 2:17
~Peter and the other apostles replied: "We must obey God rather than men! Acts 5:29