Monday, June 23, 2008

Where two or three are gathered....

you might want to have a marriage counselor present!

I should know better.

Anything that involves nails, a hammer, a man, a woman, deciding on proper picture arrangement, and putting holes in the wall is a sure way to find yourself in divorce court!

Just kidding!!

(or not)

If you are puzzled because you can't imagine why this is a difficult situation, then let me just paint the picture for you.

(ha, look at me, a pun!!)

Me: We need to get all these pictures hung up today.

Him: What? You didn't tell me that!

Me: Yes, we talked about it last night.

Him: I don't think so.

(As you can see, this is going really well from the start!)

Me: Layed out all the pictures/decor to be put up in son's room.

Him: Comes up to room with drill, hammer, and wall hanging stuff.

Me: I was thinking about this here, that there, etc. What do you think?

(Yes, I know, mistake #1 is asking his decorating opinion! He thinks This Old House. I think Divine Design.)

It went on like this for some time. I won't alarm you with the details.

There might have been yelling involved. Yikes!

We got most everything hung up in our son's room, but at one point, I just put the last few things back in the closet and was ready to call it quits. I was overwhelmed with making decorating decisions.

With a man.

We then moved on to the hallway. A simple lining up of our kids' annual pictures down the hall. All in like-minded black frames. No big deal!

By the end of the task, it was comical.

Each picture ended up 1/2 inch higher than the last. Despite a yard stick, a leveler, and two intelligent adults.

Well, maybe one.

JUST KIDDING!

We would love to have you come admire our finished work!


Just don't do the picture-tilt test!
Looks can be deceiving!



Stacey

2 comments:

Jennifer said...

the pics look great. My sister has done this with her kids school pics every year. Such a neat idea!

Hope the rest of the decorating goes better!

Lori ~ The Simple Life at Home said...

I'm laughing over here because it's the same way in this house. Hubby insists on having a say in every little decorating decision. It's hard on me because my dad always just let my mom do whatever she wanted.

You are not alone, my friend! And congrats on the new gig! I saw that article on picky eating and didn't even catch that it was by you. Shame on me!! Way to go!