Wednesday, May 14, 2008

Losing & Winning-part 3

Our Spring Weight-Loss Warriors Challenge (at church) ended on April 27th and I thought I would wrap up our time together. Actually, 5 of us did decide to continue through May, so I will let you know how that goes later!

I have to brag on the girls! Together, the six of us lost 43 pounds in 13 weeks! Five of us had continued on from the Fall (taking a break in December & January), and together, we lost 68 pounds in those 2, 13-week periods!

I don't really have many tips for this edition-sorry! Maybe you can share some in the comments and I will pass them along! If you missed my first two editions, check here and here for lots of great tips and more encouraging scriptures!

Tip of the Week:
My friend sent me a link to Hungry Girl. Go check it out and see what you think! I signed up for the daily emails and enjoy getting the food/product recommendations, as well as the recipes!

Scripture of the Week:
Though he stumble, he will not fall, for the Lord upholds him with his hands. Psalm 37:24

Scripture of the Week:
May the God of hope fill you with all joy and peace as you trust in him, so that you may overflow with hope by the power of the Holy Spirit. Romans 15:13

Thought of the Week:
Relying on God has to begin all over again every day as if nothing had yet been done. -C.S. Lewis

Scripture of the Week:
In the house of the wise are stores of choice food and oil, but a foolish man devours all he has. Proverbs 21:20

Stacey

1 comment:

Lori ~ The Simple Life at Home said...

I enjoyed this series alot. I have them all saved in my Bloglines so I can refer back to them.

Thanks for bringing us along with you!