After much fretting, I am 50% done with my baby sewing projects.
Since I am chicken when it comes to making that first cut into my fabric, I procrastinated way too long on these projects!
Luckily, most of my imperfections are invisible to most people. Well, except the huge one that I made at the very end of this project. Luckily, for now, the mattress hides it nicely and I will just go back and fix it when I have time.
Inside view #1
Inside view #2
Bird's Eye view with a baby doll for special effects! :)
A little busy, but I really do love all the fabrics together! I actually made the mattress sheet double-sided. Rings on one side and red rockets on the other.
Just in case he gets bored!
I have started cutting out the bassinet fabric, but I am fretting and procrastinating again. I am using the bassinet pattern and just adjusting it. Adjustments make me nervous. Keep your fingers crossed for me!
What is the most special is all three kids will have used this same basket. The basket, with girl bedding, was a gift when my daughter was born. I made a simple boy bumper and sheet when we used it for little man. Baby boy is getting the deluxe version because of my mommy guilt that he has no room all done up with special touches.
Of course, there wasn't room at the inn for Jesus either, and look at all the great things He did.
I think I will put together pictures of all three in the basket at some point.
I can't wait!