Thursday, July 16, 2009

If you're happy and you know it, say Bob!

I just received excellent customer service and wanted to make sure everyone knew about it!

In case you didn't know it, Mardel's is having a 1-day sale with 20% off quite a few things; educational, kid's, school supplies, homeschool supplies. You can make your purchase either online or at a store near you.

Which is what I was trying to do when it got complicated.

The closest Mardel's is 45 minutes away.

And I wanted to use 2, $10 gift cards that I had received eons ago (my previous church gave them as teacher appreciation gifts one Sunday).

I started to make my purchase online until I realized that I couldn't use my cards.

So I called a store, hoping to use my cards, but knowing I probably couldn't take advantage of free shipping. You can get free shipping with online orders over $25.

The first store, the one closest to me, would not do phone orders.

The second store, the one in the town I use to live in and go to church in, ROCKS!

Not only did Bob, the store manager, agree to do a phone order but he also ran my gift card numbers through as well.

Yes, I had to pay shipping, but it was worth it to receive the customer service he provided.

I got 20% off all but 2 of the items I ordered and got to apply my $20 in gift cards.

In the end, I saved an extra $10 off my discounted order.

But best of all, I got to deal with someone that cared enough to make the effort for a customer!

So, if you need to order from Mardel's, may I suggest the Mardel's in Lewisville, TX.

Tell Bob I said "Hi!".

Stacey

No comments: