Monday, October 27, 2008

The saddle feels broken, but I'll jump on anyway!

My house is atrocious and I have a to-do list that is acting like rabbits as I type.

But I wanted to get back in the groove, so here is my lame attempt.

Two funny stories.

************************************************

Earlier this month, I finally bought my kids new tennis shoes.

After discovering that their toes had been suffocating for an unknown amount of time!

Later that night after bath time, I discovered this:





I guess they liked them!

(Sorry for the skin action!)

**************************************************

When my grandmother was visiting, we experienced a chilly day. I decided that it would be the perfect time to make stew. Over the last few months, I had been freezing leftovers in glass jars in anticipation of this day. I had corn, green beans, broccoli, tomatoes, tomato juices, beef broth, roast stuff (meat, veggies, and broth), and more! Plus, I threw in some leftover hamburger meat that I had cooked a few days before.

I was getting so excited as I defrosted it all and watched it start to simmer in the pot! Unfortunately, I forgot my husband was in the kitchen as well, and soon I started hearing grumblings about old food and food poisoning. He doesn't really get the freezing potential of most foods.

So my word of advice if you have a picky husband too.........

Be discrete. Be very discrete!

Because oh.my.word!

It was some delicious stew!!!



I enjoyed almost all of it myself that week!

Back to stocking up again!

Stacey

4 comments:

Jenna said...

My husband swears that he doesn't mind leftovers, but then he hardly ever eats them!

Jennifer said...

Glad to see that you are back and the computer is fixed! I've missed reading your updates!

As for the stew....yum- it looks great! I love to use frozen veggies and toss it all in and make a yummy meal. That is so funny that hubby thought it was old. What does he know, right?

Anonymous said...

I do the same thing... with my shoes and my leftover veggies and broth!

Debbie said...

Those shoe pictures are beyond adorable! Found you through our friend Tanya.